An insight about reverse proxy server?
Reverse proxy web server is commonly considered an effective solution for load balancing. It stands between servers and users just like a forward proxy. It sits in front of any web server, unlike a forward proxy solution. It is because this solution is meant to intercept requests.
Simply, a reverse type proxy server works on the behalf of the server to mitigate unwanted server requests load.
Commonly, most of the popular servers protect their app framework for more restricted HTTP capabilities with the help of reverse-proxy operations. A major challenge in this regard is to handle an entire range of requests formats adhering to HTTPS 2. x, HTTPS 1. x, and other hard to identify requests along with a lower ability to handle loads.
In such kind of situation, the server proxy solution will use a shielded server load as a foundation to buffer all the incoming requests. It can help in synchronizing the response by transforming one server request into multiples. Even more, a server proxy server can also help in handling information from sessions, created HTTP requests, or cookies.
In short, a reverse-type proxy server works as an effective middleman between server and users. It will communicate with the web users and will never let them reach the original server. This solution can also balance client requests as per demand and location to offer enhanced security.
Blazing SEO can work as guiding platform for you if you want to get information related to reverse type proxy server or any other proxy server data.
How does the reverse type proxy server work?
Ultimately, a reverse type proxy server forwards requests of browser and users to the origin server while protecting the identity of the origin server. It moves requests on the behalf of the origin server strategically to increase performance, reliability, and security. It can help your origin server in multiple ways. These include:
- Disguising the existence and features of an origin server
- Removing malware and initiating takedowns easily.
- It also carries TSL hardware to ensure TLS encryption
- Distributing load from user and browser requests
- Functioning as an accelerator for server
- Caching static and dynamic content
- Reducing the load on actual servers
- Compressing and optimizing content for improved loading times
- Performing A/B testing
- Adding basic HTTP access authentication to servers lacking this feature
- Spoon feeding pages generated dynamically
- Releasing server resources during the time of transfer
- Analyzing multiple incoming server requests using a single IP server and then delivering those to different servers.
Uses of the reverse proxy server
Do you want to understand the use of a reverse server? Let’s have a look at the example stated below to get a better idea about the things in this regard.
- Any company having a large ecommerce store will be unable to handle all its incoming traffic using a single server. So, the company can utilize a reverse proxy server to redirect incoming requests from users to different webservers within a local network.
Different methods are used by the reverse proxy server to direct this traffic, for example, round-robin load balancing.
- However, another amazing use of the reverse proxy server is to cloak the main server of the site. It can help in protecting the server from any malicious attack and protect the background as well.
Key benefits of the reverse proxy server
There are various benefits of using a reverse proxy server. These benefits include load balancing, caching content, GSLB, accelerating web server performance, enhanced efficiency, protection from malicious attacks, and secure encryption.
- Simply, for high-performing sites, a single server isn’t sufficient for handling entire inbound traffic. While a reverse proxy can handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- As the requests will be evenly distributed among multiple servers, therefore, no server will be overloaded.
- GSLB is another key benefit due to which a reverse proxy server is used worldwide. With such a load balancing technique request will be distributed locally. Ultimately, the time of response will be quicker and site loading time will reduce.
- Similarly, caching the server can also enhance server speed by caching local content. Due to which user experience will also improve.
- Additionally, the reverse proxy server can also protect against attacks by handling communication without any direct link between users and the origin server. This way, attackers can attack the reverse proxy server only and the origin server will stay highly protected. So, in short, a reverse proxy server is the best solution to protect against cyber-attacks.
Difference between the reverse proxy server and proxy server
A quick difference between a proxy and a reverse proxy server is that a forward proxy server usually sits in front of the user to protect their privacy. While, on the other hand, a reverse proxy server sits in front of the server and stops web users and origin servers from communicating directly.
Best reverse proxy server list
Commonly, a reverse proxy server comes up with load balancing hardware, reverse proxy software, an open-source reverse proxy servers. Multiple vendors currently are offering reverse french proxy servers including:
- F5 Networks
- A10 Networks
- Citrix Systems
- Public cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure and AWS
How you can set up a reverse proxy server?
Enterprises commonly spend multiple weeks on planning, deploying, and procuring effective hardware solutions to set up reverse proxy servers. These commonly require more budget and hard work from IT teams. However, organizations can get benefit from modern multi-cloud environments and advanced software-based reverse proxy servers to simplify their operations using multi-cloud architectures that are too affordable.
How does AVI provide a reverse proxy server?
Load balancing from AVI is architected as an effective reverse proxy server and it is a part of an elastic load balancing solution that’s cloud-native. With DDoS mitigation and web app firewall, this solution is delivering efficient reverse proxy server capabilities.
With this platform, any business can achieve an efficient, quick, secure, and scalable app experience in the best possible way.
Overall, the reverse proxy solution is an effective approach not only for efficient load balancing but also because of various other benefits it offers. However, it is highly important to choose the right reverse proxy server vendor to enjoy all of its benefits affordably and easily.